The bullet points listed below are a summary of provisions contained in the Yuba County Ordinance Code, Chapter 7.40, addressing cultivation for personal use. The list is not all inclusive and other regulations may apply.
- Marijuana can only be cultivated on a parcel that has a legally established and permitted dwelling/residence.
- There is no distinction between a mature or an immature marijuana plant.
- Marijuana shall be for personal use, either for medical or non-medical purposes.
- Outdoor cultivation is prohibited.
- Cultivation of more than 6 plants is prohibited. 6 plants is the maximum number of marijuana plants per parcel/private residence regardless of parcel size or number of individuals participating in the cultivation.
- Cultivation of up to 6 plants may occur within the defined area of cultivation within a dwelling/private residence or qualifying accessory structure (Please note: a permit from Yuba County Building Department is required for construction of accessory structures greater than 120 sq ft in size).
- The defined area of cultivation shall:
- Be indoors (must meet the definition for “indoor”)
- Be securable (must prevent unauthorized access)
- Have electricity (service must be sufficiently sized to handle the electrical load)
- Have a ventilation and filtration system capable of controlling humidity and preventing odors from exiting the structure
- Be screened from public view
Chapter 7.41 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code prohibits all commercial cannabis activities within the unincorporated areas of the county.
For more detailed information please read the complete ordinance. You can obtain a PDF copy by clicking the following link: Chapter 7.40, Chapter 7.41 or by visiting our office at:
County of Yuba, Community Development and Services Agency
Code Enforcement Division
915 8th Street, Suite 123
Marysville, CA 95901