Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent


Egg Handler

Any individual within California engaged in the business of egg handler, or any out-of-state egg handler selling eggs in California, shall register with CDFA .  This includes, producers, packers, brokers, distributors, hatcheries, etc.  If you plan on selling your eggs as a Certified Producer at the Certified Farmers Market or have a farm stand located on your property, you must also register with CDFA.  
CDFA's Egg Safety and Quality Management Program produced a helpful brochure to help individuals grade and mark egg containers.  In addition, the brochure summarizes many of the Food and Ag Codes that pertain to eggs.