Department of Weights and Measures
WEIGHING AND MEASURING DEVICE ENFORCEMENT
To minimize measurement error in commercial transactions by inspecting and testing all commercial weighing and measuring devices. To remove from service until repaired, those devices which do not meet tolerances and specifications.
- Inspection and testing of all commercial gasoline, diesel fuel, vapor meters and electric meters (not under PUC)
- Inspection and testing of commercial electric meters
- Inspection and testing of all general use scales and heavy capacity scales (vehicle, hopper and railroad scales)
- Regulate Device Repairmen activities
- Inspection and testing of propane delivery trucks and dispensers
PETROLEUM AND WEIGHMASTER ENFORCEMENT
Ensure that sign and advertisements at service stations and other petroleum product outlets are in compliance with the law. Sample petroleum products on a complaint basis and submit to state laboratory for analysis. Enforce Weighmaster laws and regulations.
- Gasoline station monitoring and petroleum complaint investigations
- Monitor licensed Weighmaster records under state agreement
- Ensure compliance with price/handicapped access signage
PACKAGE QUANTITY CONTROL
Provide that sales of goods, services and commodities, sold directly over weighing or measuring devices or, in packaged form are accurately measured and comply with labeling and methods of sale requirements.
- Retail market inspection
- Test Purchases
- Undercover purchases
- General quantity control
- Investigation of firewood complaints
- Inspection and testing of price scanners