Many simple permits such as re-roofs, minor interior alterations, wood stoves, water heaters, HVAC and electrical service panel changeouts do not require more than a detailed description of the work, a simple drawing of the area affected, and/or the manufactures installation manual. In many cases a permit for these simple residential jobs can be obtained over-the-counter on the same day of your visit. However new construction projects, additions, alterations, structural changes, patio covers, decks and other structures or situations with unique requirements will require a plan submittal.
Every Wednesday, through our ExpressTrak service, CDSA will review and issue certain building permits over-the-counter. Click the ExpressTrak flyer to view more information.
When applying for a permit, the following information is required to complete the permit application:
- Detailed description of the work
- Location of project (street number & name or Assessor’s Parcel Number)
- Legal owner’s name, address and phone number
- Contractor's license number
- Valuation or job cost of the proposed work
- Building construction plans