Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent

Encroachment Permits

Public Works
Michael Lee, Director
915 8th Street, Suite 125, Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: (530)749-5420      Fax: (530)749-5424

Encroachment Permits

How do I know I need an Encroachment Permit?
An Encroachment Permit is required any time construction work will be performed within the public right of way.  Individuals, companies, contractors, corporations, utilities and other agencies proposing to conduct any activity within, under, or over the  County’s right of way are required to obtain an Encroachment Permit.
             Examples of work requiring a Construction Encroachment  Permit are excavations, sign, post, and fence installations,
             equipment/structures placed upon the street and/or sidewalk, vegetation  planting/trimming, driveway or sidewalk
             installation/replacement, and utility work.
             Examples of events requiring Non-Construction Encroachment Permits are neighborhood block events,
             walkathons/marathons/bike races, marching band review, and material placed upon the street  and/or sidewalk. 

Why do I need an Encroachment Permit?
An Encroachment Permit ensures that all work or events being performed within Yuba County Right of Ways is complying to County Standards. 

How do I get an Encroachment Permit?
Encroachment Permits may be obtained from the Yuba County Pubic Works Department.  Applications can be obtained from the Yuba County Public Works Department and the Yuba County Web Site/Public Works Department.  Please submit plans and an Encroachment  Permit Application to:

          Yuba County Public Works Department
          Attention:  Encroachment Permit Staff
          915 8th Street, Suite 125
          Marysville, CA  95901

How much does it cost?
Please contact the Encroachment Permit Staff at 530-749-5420 for current encroachment permit fee information.

What do I do once I get this permit?
If your work involves digging, call USA Underground Alert at 800-227-2600, two working days prior to starting work.

Notify Public Works Inspection, 530-749-5656, two working days in advance of the date work is to begin.

An Encroachment Permit does not relieve the permittee of the responsibility to obtain permits that may be required by other agencies.