Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent

Sidewalk Repair

Public Works
Sam Bunton, Director
915 8th Street, Suite 125, Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: (530)749-5420      Fax: (530)749-5424
email: [email protected]

In Yuba County, and like many municipalities in California, the property owner is responsible for the maintenance of the sidewalks abutting their property.  Per Yuba County Sidewalk Repair Ordinance No. 1593 section 11.28.060 (a), “The owners of lots or portions of lots adjacent to or fronting on any portion of a sidewalk area along owner’s property frontage up to the back of curb line, including parking strips, sidewalks, landscaping/hardscape, and persons in possession of such lots by virtue of any permit shall repair and maintain such sidewalk areas…”

Broken, lifted, or damaged sidewalks are not only an eyesore, they have the potential to cause harm to those utilizing them.  When sidewalks have spacing cracks, and/or grade displacement, it can cause a pedestrian’s footing to become unbalanced. This could result in a trip, slip or fall. 

Properly maintained sidewalks and curb ramps promote safety and accessibility for all Yuba County residents and visitors. This creates more desirable neighborhoods, allows for ease of access to commercial areas, and promotes healthy lifestyles.

Sidewalk inspections are initiated when a complaint is filed with Public Works.  That means a property owner or concerned citizen must request the action.  Once a complaint is filed, Public Works is obligated by law to notify the property owner and oversee the repairs.  To file a complaint, please fill out our sidewalk complaint form  and email the completed form to: [email protected]

If you are a property owner who has received a notice to repair your sidewalk, please reach out to Public Works at [email protected] as soon as possible so we can help guide you through the repair process.  Below are resources for property owners to review.

Sidewalk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 

Sidewalk Maintenance Program Handbook

Encroachment Permit

Typical Sidewalk & Driveway Repair (By Property Owner)

Yuba County Standard Plans

California Streets and Highways Code