Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent


Public Works
Sam Bunton, Director
915 8th Street, Suite 125, Marysville, CA 95901

Phone: (530)749-5420      Fax: (530)749-5424
email: [email protected]

Stormwater Management Program
The Yuba County Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) is being initiated by Yuba County and the City of Marysville to fulfill requirements of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II requirements for Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (Small MS4s).  The Yuba County SWMP provides a plan for the affected agencies within the County to follow Best Management Practices (BMPs), measurable goals, and timetables for the implementation of the Six Minimum Control Measures required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and the State Water Resource Control Board.

County Storm Drain System
"County storm drain system" means those public man-made facilities within the unincorporated area of the County which are owned, operated, maintained or controlled by the County by which stormwater may be conveyed to natural surface waters, including, but not limited to, any roads with drainage systems, municipal streets, catch basins, water basins, detention basins, constructed wetland, artificial channels, aqueducts, curbs, gutters, ditches, sumps, pumping stations, storm drain inlets, and storm drains.

Illicit Discharge
An illicit discharge is the release or placement of any material into the County storm drain system, or any natural waters which is not expressly authorized by the County, including, but not limited to, stormwater, wastewater, pollutants, solid material, liquids, hazardous waste, raw materials, debris, litter or any other substance. 

Report a Discharge 
When to make a report?
* When you notice unusual odors in or near the storm drain.
* When you find dumped waste in or near the storm drain.
* When the drainage system has unusually large flows during dry periods.
* When you see someone illegally dumping anything into the storm drain.

Note: If you are reporting an emergency situation that could result in imminent or substantial danger to the health and safety of persons, call 911.

To report any of the above mentioned items please contact:

Kathy Gregg at (530) 749-5426 or e-mail information to [email protected]