Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent

Street Light Problem

Public Works
Sam Bunton, Director
915 8th Street, Suite 125, Marysville, CA 95901

Phone: (530)749-5420      Fax: (530)749-5424
email: [email protected]
Street Lights

Who do I call to fix burned out street lights?
Locate pole number on pole (located 7 feet from bottom of pole). If pole is in the Cobblestone/Plumas Lake area and the pole number starts with YC call (530) 749-5420 with pole number and location.  Any other pole location and/or number you can contact PG & E Maintenance Division at (800)743-5000 or fill out a Street Light Trouble Report on line at:

Why are there street lights only on some corners in my neighborhood in the Plumas Lake Specific Plan Area?
When the Plumas Lake Specific Plan was being planned, property owners near in the proposed development area were concerned about losing their rural setting and did not want a lot of street lights illuminating the area.  So when the Plan was adopted by the County, street lights were required to be placed only at intersections and at decision locations.  When the first subdivisions were being constructed in the Plumas Lake area the the developer interpreted the Specific Plan to read that street lights were to be placed only at intersections.  After the first few maps and plans were approved, our  department interpreted the meaning of decision locations to include the backs of cul-de-sacs and at knuckles.  Unfortunately the developers were not willing to install additional street lights in the areas already constructed. 

KB Homes has more street lights because they have chosen to install street lighting beyond what is required.  The home owners in this area will be paying a higher yearly assessment for the enhanced street lighting. 

The only way for the County to require more lighting is to amend the Plumas Lake Specific Plan and set criteria for street lights.  At this time there are no plans to amend the Plumas Lake Specific Plan.  We do encourage developers to install additional street lights beyond what is required by the Specific Plan.

You and/or your neighbors can contact PG&E and have them install a  street light.  You would be responsible for the installation costs and possibly the monthly electrical costs.  There has been no decision made on whether the electrical costs for a street light installed by property owners could be funded through the County Service Area.