- You can check your current registration status at My Voter Status - Instructions for Checking Your Voter Status
- You can pick up a voter registration application at the Elections Office, the Yuba County Library, Department of Motor Vehicles or a US Post Office.
- You can submit an online voter registration application at https://registertovote.ca.gov/.
To register to vote in California, you must be:
- A United States citizen and a resident of California,
- 18 years old or older on Election Day,
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony, and
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court.
Military and overseas voters are United States citizens who are members of the Uniformed Services (on active duty) and their eligible dependents, members of the Merchant Marine and their eligible dependents, commissioned corps of the Public Health Service, commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or United States citizens residing outside the United States. To apply to register to vote, receive your election materials, and vote, you must apply for a special absentee ballot by filling out a Federal Postcard Application (FPCA).
- California Secretary of State Online FPCA Application
- Federal Voting Assistance Program (California)
The deadline to register to vote is 15 days before each election. If you forget to register in time you can register and vote the same day through a process called Conditional Voter Registration.
RE-REGISTER TO VOTE WHEN YOU:
- Move to a new permanent residence,
- Change your name, or
- Change your political party choice.
If you wish to cancel your voter registration you may do so by submitting a written request.