Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent


After an Emergency - Recovery

If your property is damaged or destroyed in an emergency incident, you may feel overwhelmed by the steps ahead of your recovery. Your first phone call should always be to your insurance company/agent. Below are links to State of California and Federal agencies that can also help in this process. 

Before you apply for assistance, here are the steps you need to take to start your recovery process:

Step 1: Take photos of your damaged home and belongings.

Step 2: Make a list of damaged/lost items.

Step 3: If you have insurance, you must file a claim with your insurance company.

Step 4: Whether or not you have insurance, you can apply for assistance through FEMA: 
800-621-3362, or you can look up a Disaster Recovery Center location HERE

California Department of Insurance

California State License Board Disaster Help Center

California Office of Emergency Services - Recovery Division

CalFresh - Food Assistance Program

Disaster Unemployment Assistance

American Red Cross - Wildfire Assistance

Individual Assistance - FEMA

Other Programs to Support Disaster Survivors - FEMA


Small Business Association

Assistance for Private Nonprofits

*Public Assistance Explained