Learn anything, anywhere, 24/7 with just your library card!
Register for a library card.
supports those looking to prepare for college, obtain occupational certification, find a job, become a U.S. citizen, and much more (library card not required to access database).
- Assists in exam preparation, including the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST), California Real Estate Salesperson exam, and the California Police Officer Exam.
- Courses include: Exam prep in plumbing, air traffic control, law enforcement, EMT, firefighter, nursing, teaching, adult education in Spanish, college placement exam prep
- Provides tools for resume building, interviewing, and job seeking
- Supplies tools for earning a high school equivalency diploma in California
- Contains video courses to help Californians build computer literacy skills.
- Hosts live classes covering digital learning, physical health, mental health, social health, and vocational health.
- Courses include: Introduction to Youtube, Get Started with Zoom, Common Scams and Frauds, Being the Best Grandparent Ever, Android Smartphone Security and Safety, TV Streaming Devices, Blue Zones – What Are They?
- Offers live classes, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults.
- Classes are taught in English, Spanish, Hindi and Mandarin.
- Provides live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide users through the necessary tasks to get a job.
- Contains resources for resume and cover letter writing, including 24-hr professional review and feedback.
- Includes live online interview practice from JobNow coaches and 24/7 access to an extensive library of interview strategies, tips, and career resources.
- Has access to live help and links for Navigating the Veterans Affairs system.
- Houses resources to support adjusting from military to a civilian career.
- Provides professional certificates that can be added to a LinkedIn profile
- Courses include: Pitching Yourself, Expert Tips for Answering Common Interview Questions, New Revenue Ideas for Food and Beverage Businesses, Construction Management: Technology on the Job Site
- Includes a concentration on the “whole” person, emphasizing mental health and wellness resources, guidance for managing stress/burnout, and other items like “Balancing Work and Life as a Work-from-Home Parent”.
- Contains critical soft skills training, such as resilience, team work, and time management.
- Offers courses in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and four other languages.
- Provides 35,000 video courses on topics including entrepreneurship, graphic design, productivity, freelancing, marketing, illustration, and time management.
- Courses include: Pricing Your Work and Negotiating with Clients, Etsy Launch: How to Open an Etsy Shop, Organizational Culture: How to Build an Inclusive Work Environment, Inclusive UX: Designing Websites for Everyone, and Starting a Successful Side Hustle
- Skillshare’s short online classes help users find inspiration that fits their personal routine.
focuses on people with no, low, or limited technology skills
- Build skills in key digital literacy areas and demonstrate knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
- Courses include: Your Digital Footprint, Supporting K-12 Distance Learning, Email, Internet Basics, Information Literacy
- Defines the basic skills needed to use a computer and the internet in daily life, employment, and higher education.
- Online, self-guided assessments measure mastery of basic skills in 14 areas.
- Classroom curricula provide detailed lesson plans for teachers, and can be used remotely or in person.
- Provides learners with access to more than 5,000 courses and certifications led by top businesses, universities, and organizations.
- Courses include: English for Business and Entrepreneurship (ESL), Foundations of Public Health Practice, Become an EMT, Bookkeeping Basics, Introduction to Google Docs, Design a Restaurant Menu, Food and Beverage Management, Branding: The Creative Journey.
- Contains “Gateway Certification,” a program for people without a college degree and with no experience in the field, built by leading companies such as Google. Facebook, and Salesforce.
- Offers subtitles in more than 50 languages.