……Your Library. Delivered!
What is it? Zip Books is a way for customers to request books that the Library doesn't own. The item is shipped directly to you using Amazon Prime.
- Customer must have a Yuba County Library card.
- Item must not be available in the YCL catalog.
- Customer can request 1 item at a time and keep it up to 6 weeks. If you want a new title, you must return your current title.
- Customers may receive a total of 3 items in a month.
- The cost of the item should be under $75 for Audio books and international language materials and under $50 for books and large print.
- Item may be a Book, a Large Print Book, or a Book on CD
- The Item must be available through Amazon Prime.
- Best Sellers in alternative formats only (large print and audio book)
- Library customer must be in good standing with the Library (not have any fines or fees on your library card).
How to use it:
Step 1: Fill out the Zip Book request form.
Step 2: Library staff will email or call to let you know what day to expect the book to arrive from Amazon or let you know if it is not available through the Zip Books program.
Step 3: Keep the item for up to 6 weeks. When you are finished, return item to a staff member at the Yuba County Library or drop off in the outside book drop with a note inside the book indicating it's a Zip Book. The item must be returned in order to request an additional item. If the item is overdue you will accrue overdue fines and will not be able to request another item until your account is cleared of the fines.
Step 4: Repeat for a total of 3 times per month.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library .