Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent

Frequently asked Questions

Frequently asked Questions:

Q:  What is the number to the Yuba County Jail?
A:  The Yuba County Sheriff's Department can be contacted at (530)749-7777.  The Yuba County Jail web site is 

Q:  Do you have a Scared Straight Program?
A:  We do not have a Sacred Straight Program.  We encourage you to contact your local Probation Department for services. 

Q:  How do I sign my child up for the Camp Singer program and how old do they have to be? 
A:  The Camp Singer Program is a Court ordered program.  Participants must be at least 14 years of age. 

Q:  Is there a waiting period before the youth may have visitors if he/she is sent to camp?
A:  Typically, there is no waiting period.

Q:  Can I send presents/money to the youth for their birthday and holidays?
A:  Juvenile Institutions does not accept money for youths.

Q:  I have doctor appointments I set for my child prior to being sent to camp.  Do I need to cancel them?
A:  The decision to cancel a pre-existing doctor appointment is determined with the input from Medical Staff, Deputy Probation Officer and Institutional Staff.

Q:  Do I have to put Camp Singer on the envelope or just the youth’s name with the address?
A:  Staff know where youth are housed.  Addressing an envelope to the youth is sufficient. 

Q:  What resources do we provide for the youth while they are here.  Will he see a therapist? 
A:  Tri County Juvenile Rehabilitation Facility offers many programs which include individual, group and family therapy. 

Q:  Can you provide outside service references for my out of control child?  I don’t want to wait until he/she gets arrested.
A:  Preventative services are provided by many County agencies.  Please contact your local probation department for more information.

Q:  How does your facility manage the female and male population.  Do they interact during the day for activities?
A:  Male and female population in Juvenile Hall and Camp Singer have different housing locations; however, they attend school, meals and programs together. 

Back to the top