Dog License Information
- LICENSING - All dog owners residing within the jurisdiction of Yuba County Animal Care Services that owns a dog four (4) months of age or older, must be licensed. Those residing within the city limits of Marysville or within the confines of Beale AFB are not within the jurisdiction of Yuba County Animal Cares Services.
- RABIES VACCINATION - The rabies vaccination is mandatory BEFORE the issuance of a new license. All new and renewal license applications require a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate that is issued by a licensed veterinarian. The license is only valid during the time the rabies vaccination is effective, so please check and make sure that the rabies vaccination has not expired.
- PROOF OF SPAY/NEUTER – Initial application. If your pet is spayed or neutered, please submit a copy of the spay/neuter certificate from your licensed veterinarian. We will also accept proof such as, for example, a veterinary bill detailing the alteration surgery or a rabies vaccination certificate that indicates that an animal is spayed or neutered.
- LENGTH OF A LICENSE - Licenses may be purchased for 1 year 2 year or 3 years. If you would like a 3-year license, then the rabies vaccination must be valid during the 3-year period of the license. For example, if you purchase a 3-year license in 2003, then the rabies vaccination must also be valid for three years until 2006. A license cannot expire AFTER the rabies vaccination.
- TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP/REPLACEMENT TAG – there is a $15 fee to cover costs associated with license tag, or to transfer ownership prior to license expiration date.
- SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT - We offer a significant pet licensing discount for Senior Citizen residents 65 years and older. We do require proof of age, such as a copy of a driver's license or any official document stating your identity and your age.
- GUIDE DOGS – Must be licensed but are fee exempt. Dogs certified (documentation required) to assist sight-impaired or hearing-impaired person qualify for a free license.
- POLICE DOGS - Must be licensed but are fee exempt. Dogs trained and utilized to assist law enforcement officers in the course of their duties are exempt from licensing fees.