Roadside and Farm Stands
Individuals in the business of buying and reselling produce are required to have a license through the California Department of Food and Agriculture Market Enforcement Branch. The following link will take you to the License Applications and Application Instructions found on CDFA's website.
In addition, proof of ownership is required if the amount of produce being sold exceeds 25 pounds. A record of proof of ownership shall include:
- the name, address, phone number, and signature of the seller
- the name, address, phone number of the purchaser
- the common name of the commodity
- the quantity sold
- the date of the transaction
- Identity- the common name of the commodity
- Responsibility- the company name and address
- Quantity- Net weight, measure, or count
We suggest all roadside and farm stands visit the Yuba County Environmental Health website or contact an Environmental Health Specialist at 530-749-5450 to determine if additional requirements apply.