Yuba County Animal Care Services
5245 Feather River Blvd
Animal Care Services is a division of the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department. Animal Care Services provides service for the unincorporated areas of Yuba County. Animal Care Services does not provide field services to the City of Wheatland, City of Marysville, or Beale Air Force Base; however it does provide licensing services for the City of Wheatland ONLY.
Animal Care Services does far more than caring for lost, injured and abandoned animals in our community.
We provide a variety of services that protect both citizens and animals including:
- Transporting stray injured animals to veterinarians for emergency care.
- Rescuing animals from locked vehicles and abusive or negligent conditions.
- Provide assistance locating services for wild animal removal.
- Impounding loose and stray animals.
- Administering a rabies control program.
- Citizen Complaints regarding animals, which requires a completed Citizen Complaint Form.
- Helping citizens resolve nuisance problems such as complaints about barking dogs. Click here for Barking Dog Ordinance
- Investigating dog bite complaints.
- Assisting other agencies such the Sheriff’s Department, Fire Department, and California Highway Patrol.
- Educating pet owners on the importance of spaying or neutering their cats and dogs.
- Address and respond with regards to animals in disaster situations
- Co-sponsor Low Cost Vaccination Clinics
Most importantly, we keep lost pets safe and happy so they can be reunited with their owner or adopted into a new family.
After Hour Service – Request for services should be directed to the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department, 749-7777.
After hour services is restricted to emergencies and responses are made to the following incidents:
- Pickup of injured animals away from their owners, from public roads, streets, etc. Pickup and quarantine strays or unidentifiable animals involved in biting incidents. Identifiable animals will be quarantined the next workday.
- Pickup animals from any Law Enforcement Agency or Fire Fighting Agency within our jurisdiction. Note: no stray animals.
- Whenever the Animal Care Services Officer determines that the public’s health or safety is involved.