Campground & Day Use Park
Reserve Campsite Now ←
(530) 749-5430 | email@example.com
Located at 5390 Hwy 20, Browns Valley, CA, 0.3 miles east of Marysville Rd.
Sycamore Ranch is located westerly of Hammon Grove Park just across Dry Creek. Sycamore Ranch encompasses 90 acres and has the same beauty and history as Hammon Grove Park. Sycamore Ranch also has campsites available for reservation as well as Day Use Gazebo Areas. The park is an excellent site to hold events.
No ATV or OHV permitted.
Camping at Sycamore Ranch During the Pandemic
Please see the social distancing expectations below before booking a site.
COVID-19 information for Yuba-Sutter COVID-19 Information in CA
Playground Safety (English) Seguridad en el Parques (Español)
Social Distancing at Sycamore Ranch & Hammon Grove
State and Yuba-Sutter Social distancing guidelines must be strictly adhered to by all staff and campers. This means:
- Always maintain a 6-foot distance between all persons outside of your household unit
- Wear facial coverings if social distancing cannot be achieved between persons from separate households. Children younger than two years of age shall not wear facial coverings due to the risk of suffocation.
- Always keep a facial covering with you in case you enter a situation where one is needed--even if you plan to keep your distance
- Frequently wash hands and make use of hand sanitizers
- Mandatory self-screening: Stay home if you are sick, have a fever, or have been in contact with someone who has been exposed to the virus
- No handshaking
- Cover your coughs and sneezes into your elbow and/or face mask
- Please keep your camp setup safely separated from other campers to allow for proper social distancing
- Guests should also use discretion when making a reservation as to their comfort level of using a campground concurrently with other guests
Additional Measures & Restrictions at Sycamore Ranch
- Group-sites will not be available for reservation as a whole, but they may be reserved individually with appropriate distancing.
- Campsites have a limit of 6 guests (existing limit)
- Individual tables under the gazebos may be used by individual family units but not larger groups
- Restrooms are being cleaned more frequently
- Guests should bring soap & hand sanitizer
- Gazebos will not be made available for reservations
- No events will be permitted
- Select sites will remain closed due to their close proximity to other sites
Due to the state and local ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 reservations for event hosting at Yuba County Parks will be postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your continued support of Yuba County Parks. We look forward to hosting your special event once it is safe again to do so.
Guests should use discretion when making a reservation as to their comfort level of using a campground concurrently with other guests and in close proximity. All reservations are subject to change, no group reservations permitted, & no events are permitted.
Park Map Campground Map Campground Rules Cancellation Policy
To reserve the Day Use area, please contact our office at (530) 749-5430 (currently not available)
For more on Sycamore Ranch visit us on Facebook
Hammon Grove Park
Hammon Grove Park offers a glimpse into the rich past of Yuba County’s gold mining legacy. Encompassing just over 40 acres, Hammon Grove sits where Long Bar—a town long since buried under layers of hydraulic mining debris—once flourished. The land, a remnant of Wendell P. Hammon’s vast dredging operation, is littered with tell-tale signs of the quartz mining operation of days past. From extensive water canals that traverse the property leading to the mine tailings brought forth from deep underground, the stories can all but be heard from the subtle evidence that the Yuba River once thrived with prospectors.
A one-mile trail that follows the circumference of the park affords visitors the opportunity to experience the essence of the Yuba County foothills and its natural splendor. With majestic oak trees, California sycamores and towering pines, benches, and tables along the way allow visitors to stop and enjoy the surrounding beauty. Yuba River access is provided at one-half mile from the trailhead and a paved road also allows vehicle access from Highway 20 to the river.
Hammon Grove is also home to an 18-hole disc golf course.
No ATV or OHV permitted.
No group or event reservations at this time.
To reserve the BBQ Area please contact our main office at (530) 749-5430 (currently not available due to COVID-19)
For more on Hammon Grove visit us on Facebook