Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent

I Want to Report

Child Abuse

Anyone that suspects abuse (physical injury;sexual) or neglect to a child can make a report. 

To report possible child abuse and/or neglect, please call our 24-hour response line (530) 749-6288 or to make the report in person come in to the local office located at 5730 Packard Avenue, Suite 100, Marysville, CA  95901.

Police, Childcare Staff, School Staff, Medical Providers, Counselors etc., must immediately report suspected child abuse.  Once the initial telephone call is made, the Suspected Child Abuse Form (SCAR-SS 8572) must be completed and submitted within 36 hours. 
View all child abuse forms

Communicable Disease
HHSD Public Health works to identify, prevent and control infectious diseases that pose a threat to the community.  

For current communicable disease information visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
For physicians wishing to report a communicable disease, please call (530) 749-6366.

Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse
Suspected elder and dependent adult abuse (physical, emotional, financial or neglect) can be reported 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

To report possible elder or dependent adult abuse please call (530) 749-6471, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.  For reports after business hours please call (530) 749-6288.

Welfare Fraud
Welfare fraud occurs when an individual provides false or incomplete information in order to receive public assistance benefits to which they are not entitled.  

The most common types of Welfare Fraud:

  • Absent Parent living in the home
  • Unreported income
  • Ineligible child(ren)
  • Child(ren) not living in the home

To report suspected fraud call (530) 749-6400 or Report Suspected Welfare Fraud Online.