The County offers one vision plan through Medical Eye Services (MES). The MES plan is similar to a medical PPO in that participants have a choice between in-network and non-network providers with the most benefits afforded through the in-network providers. Exams and lenses are covered every 12 months with frames covered every 24 months, on a rolling calendar year basis. There is a $25 co-pay for exam services, the cost of standard lenses is covered (or a $105 allowance for contact lenses) and there is a $100 allowance for frames. Participants will see additional out-of-pocket savings by utilizing the MES network. Many retail locations such as Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, LensCrafters, Costco, and Sears Optical are considered in-network providers.
- 2020 MES Summary of Benefits
- 2021 MES Summary of Benefits
- MES Certificate of Coverage
- MES Language Assistance Program Notice of Availability
- LASIK Discount Benefit Information
- Notice of Privacty Practices
To locate a provider please visit Medical Eye Services