Twitter Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon Facebook Icon
Slider Accent

Business Licenses

If you are planning to open/operate a business in the unincorporated area of Yuba County for one of the following business types, you are required by County ordinance to apply for, obtain, and maintain a valid business license:

•Bingo Hall    •Solicitor 
•Card Room   •Itinerant Merchant
•Public Dance (open dance floor - permit)           •Massage
•Pawnbroker   •Amusement Business
•Second Hand Dealer   •Commercial Filming (permit)
•Junk Dealer   •Picture Arcade

Detailed information regarding each business type mentioned above, including definitions, application requirements, and fees, can be found in the County's ordinance codes. Click HERE to be taken directly to the Yuba County Ordinance Code library. All business license information can be found under TITLE VI - BUSINESS LICENSES AND REGULATIONS, except for the Public Dance permit and Bingo Hall license, which can be found under TITLE VII - PUBLIC PEACE AND SAFETY.

For all those business types requiring a license/permit, applications can be found in our Forms Library or by clicking HERE.

There are fees associated to obtaining a business license in Yuba County. Please see our fee ordinance which outlines all of our department's fees regarding business licenses.

AT THIS TIME, all other business types are not currently required to obtain/maintain a business license, nor do we have one to offer for businesses outside of the types mentioned above. As the owner/operator of any business located in the unincorporated area of Yuba County, it is your responsibility to periodically check with the County for updated business license requirements.  

For those wishing to open a business within the city limits of Marysville or Wheatland, please contact those municipalities directly regarding their respective business license requirements.

You may be required to satisfy additional requirements through other departments and/or jurisdictions or apply for a license through the State of California. We highly recommend that you do your due diligence prior to opening any new business. Some of the departments and jurisdictions that you should check with are linked below

California Bureau of Automotive Repair
California Contractors State License Board 
          (license classifications listing
California Department of Business Oversight
California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (formerly part of the BOE)
California Franchise Tax Board
California Gambling Control Commission
Internal Revenue Service
Yuba County Assessor's Office
Yuba County Clerk-Recorder
Yuba County Community Development Services Agency (CDSA)
Yuba County Sheriff's Department

Yuba County offers an additional resource for all of those currently operating a business and for those looking to start a business within the County of Yuba. This resource can direct business owners/operators to a variety of support services and help navigate the local regulatory processes associated to the various business types (regardless of whether or not the business is required to obtain a business license). For more information, please visit our Yes to Yuba page at