- Front Counter Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm (closed 12pm-1pm)
- For business activities that cannot be accomplished using our online resources, appointments can be made by calling 530-749-5430
Outdoor Use of Water
Gold Village Residents
At the request of residents, the District has reconsidered the ongoing prohibition of all outdoor use of water. The water surface elevation of the aquifer has been holding steady over the past several weeks, and residents have requested that drip irrigation be allowed to preserve trees and shrubs. Since the benefits of preserving trees and shrubs will outweigh the limited use of water associated with drip irrigation, the District will allow drip irrigation of trees and shrubs under the following conditions:
- The drip irrigation does not spray water into the air;
- No watering of turf/grass is allowed, even with drip irrigation;
- No runoff into gutters or onto driveways will be allowed; and
- Drip irrigation should be periodic for short intervals, not continuous.
Residents are reminded that under the new tiered water rate structure, water bills reflect the quantity of water used. Any residents who over-water outside landscaping will pay significantly higher water bills under the new metered rate system. The District will continue to monitor the aquifer level to ensure that no harm is being done by this change in policy. This change is effective June 10, 2015.
Please Contact Sam Bunton at (530) 749-5420 or at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Consumer Confidence Report